Aman TeleHealth is Pakistan's largest and the only 24-hour helpline which provides diagnostic services and health advice over the phone, along with mental health and family planning counseling. In a country where 80 percent of healthcare spending is self-financed, healthcare is a luxury few can afford. Aman TeleHealth aims to narrow this gap by offering consultations, advice, and triage for the most common illnesses over the phone. In addition to dealing with common physical ailments, it offers mental health advice via a mental health counselor. The call center operates 24/7 and has over 5,500 healthcare facilities and approx. 23,000 doctors (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council PMDC verified) mapped on its system enabling callers to seek information about the facilities within their vicinity.
By providing timely diagnosis and guidance through this service, we can significantly curb the spread of infectious diseases and reduce the incidence of common, non-infectious and chronic ailments. Through this program we achieve the following objectives:
- Empowering women by encouraging them to seek medical advice.
- Conducting successful early-stage interventions in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Reducing the incidence of common, non-infectious and chronic diseases.
- Establishing a presence for virtual healthcare with high-density impact in an urban environment.
- Reducing barriers, such as transportation and cost, which interfere with access to health information.
- Customizing solutions for under-developed areas within urban metropolises.